And then you have adventure activities! Quadbiking, Ziplining, Safaris-style wine hopping to give your wine tasting in the Hemel en Aarde valley a memorable twist! Horseriding! The beach! The list goes on!
1. Hermanus parkrun – starts 8:00 at SA Forest Adventures, Camphill Rd, Hemel-en-Aarde. 5km of fun in nature.
2. Breakfast at any of the Saturday markets in Hermanus. The Country Market at the cricket field serves a variety of local wines, beers and fresh produce. Hermanuspietersfontein sells wine and treats.
3. Wine tasting at the many local wineries. It’s always time for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in Hemel-en-Aarde.
4. Practice your phone’s photo settings and take pictures of the Hermanus FynArts sculptures on the cliff path. Remember to #capewhalecoast
5. Watch out for breaching whales! It’s that time of the year and the Southern Right Whales are here. Or jump aboard of 1 of 3 whale watching boats that leaves from Hermanus New Harbour.